Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Last Couple of Weeks in One Post

Erg, I haven't been posting enough lately. I guess it's because of facebook and the people that I'm friends with there know what's going on in my life, without having to read my blog. But there are some followers who are not friends with me on facebook, so I guess that I should be considerate to you guys, too, right?

My family has been developing the winter blues in the last couple of weeks. It's been cold and snowy, and we're just ready for spring to come, so we can get out of the house, and not have to worry about wearing coats and being cold. I want warm! Is that so much to ask?! ;) It was warm a couple of days last week, and that was SO nice.

Last week, I got the flu and was sick for a little over a day. I was glad that it didn't last longer than that, because I hate being sick. I guess everyone hates it, but I don't get sick very often, so it is just yucky. Very yucky.

I was super excited to get Jenny B. Jones' new book in the mail two weeks ago. Yesterday, I wrote a review of it for Mom's blog, here's the link:
http://heidi-strawser.blogspot.com/2011/02/save-date-by-jenny-b-jones.html

Jenny B. Jones also posted a picture that I posted of the book on her website! I feel so loved! :) I posted this picture on facebook and twitter and she decided to post it on her website! I didn't know about it until someone commented on my mom's review and said about the picture on Jenny's website. I was THRILLED to see it there.
Here's the link to that as well:
http://www.jennybjones.com/2011/02/18/oh-those-crazy-kids/#comments

I've been writing a lot lately. I started a story about a week ago and have been writing it a lot lately. I'm rewriting one that I've previously written, but changed it from 1st person to 3rd, and am changing a lot of the plot for many reasons. I'm really enjoying writing in third person and I NEVER thought that I would say that. I almost always used to write in first person so this was a stretch for me at first, but now I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

My friend, Sky and I started a writing blog a couple of weeks ago to keep track of our most current writing projects so we don't forget when we did what. I love writing with Sky and I love our most current story. To check out our blog go here:
http://ashenskybooks.blogspot.com

Lately, my family and I have gone from watching Psych - which we finished all the seasons that we could watch through Netflix - and moved over to watching Monk. We're on Season 4 of the 8 that are out, and we're really enjoying the show. I didn't like it at first but lately I've been loving it. I was still really attached to Psych when we started watching this show and I was comparing everything to it. But now I love them both!

The online magazine that I'm writing for is looking for homecshoolers ages 14-25 to write for their E-zine. If you are at all interested - email orliinfo (at) aol (dot) com. It's been great so far and I'm super excited for the first issue to come out soon! :D

Okay. Okay. Enough for now. I'm getting off the computer to watch Monk. :)

~Ashley

No comments: