Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pencil Sharpener Review

A couple of months ago I received an email from Troy, owner of Classroom Friendly Supplies, asking if I would review his pencil sharpener. Because of busy summer schedules and things going on in my life, I totally forgot about my review.
So now I'm going to write my review!

About the sharpener:

  • A "must have" for every teacher.
  • A unique and practical teacher gift.
  • Old-school retro look.
  • Quiet sharpening eliminates classroom interruptions.
  • Automatic stopping once the perfect point is formed. This prevents over-sharpening.
  • Works on colored pencils and standard sized pencils.
  • Clear plastic disposal tray for easy cleaning.
  • Easy to use (as young as 5 years of age.)
  • Sturdy metal frame (approximately 3"x 3"x 5")
  • Portable or mounts to a surface.
  • Did I already mention that it was quiet? You will not be disappointed!

My review:

My family really liked the idea of this sharpener. Like it said about - it is definitely quiet. It works well, and it IS really easy to empty of all the pencil shavings. It is definitely going to be nice to have around for when we need to sharpen colored pencils. My family usually uses mechanical pencils for school, but we also use colored pencils A LOT! So it's nice for Gracie to have around the house to sharpen her pencils for when she is drawing and such. I will use it a lot this school year when I'm doing anatomy and will need a nice, sharp tip on my colored pencils. (Oh the detail I will put into my anatomy coloring book.)
I definitely would recommend this for a public school setting. I think that it's a great addition to any classroom (homeschooling or public school) if you are using what I call "regular" pencils, or of course, colored pencils.
It's a convenient pencil sharpener. Definitely recommended!
You can check it out HERE.

~Ashley

1 comment:

Jenna Blake Morris said...

It's nice that you can use colored pencils on it, too. I don't know how many times I've heard teachers telling classes not to use colored pencils in the electric sharpener...and somehow, it always ends up happening. Nice review!