Monday, October 24, 2011

Beautiful People: NaNoWriMo Edition

  1. Sum up your novel in five words or less.
    Girl. Work. Guy.
  2. Novel title?
    None as of yet. I still need to think about this one.
  3. Sum up your main character(s) in one word each.
    Lainey - Outgoing
    Trent - Workaholic
    Taite (girl) - Romantic

  4. Advice for newbies in three words?
    Don't stress - write.
  5. Tell us about your secondary characters, how do they affect the story?
    Taite (Lainey's best friend) is the one that keeps her going through everything. She gives her great advice and keeps the story moving. I also picture her witty and funny.
  6. Do you plan to stay up till midnight on the 31st?
    Haha, no. I don't think that I could swing that with my parents, or myself. :)
  7. How many years have you done NaNo?
    Haaa...I tried this last year, and failed miserably - only got to about 30,000 words. But this year I'm hoping to get farther. Whether or not I hit 50K doesn't really matter as long as I get more than I did last year.
  8. What came first, characters, or plot idea?
    Ooh...both are important, but I think that the plot comes first for me. Not a full plot, but I have to have a rough outline before I can just make up characters (names and such), when I don't have a situation to put them into.
  9. How much prep do you do before November?
    I still haven't done near enough, so I need to get working on the rest of my plot, and get my characters done before I start writing on the first.
  10. Now be honest, how do you really feel about NaNo?
    It intimidates me. But this year, I hope to beat it.

No comments: