Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo

So last year when NaNo came around, I had a small plot and some ideas, but nothing really set in stone. I kind-of failed. Pretty badly.
It could also be because Novembers are really busy with my birthday, Thanksgiving and stuff like that.

But no excuses this year! I plan to beat my record and get more than 30K this year! I know that I can do it - I just have to set my mind to it.
So a couple of months ago, I had a dream, and that's where my plot is coming from. I don't want to go into details, but maybe as I'm writing, I'll try to let you know that's going on in my plot and how well I'm doing. :)
As for right now, I have the story plotted out and put into a chapter summary. I also have my character sketches. Right now I'm trying to work on familiarize myself with the characters and their differences.
That right there might be the hardest part. I can easily write a character sketch, but trying to make every character different is something that's difficult for me.

If I do write the 50K book in November, it will be the second book that I've finished with more than 50K in it. And the first one was not really...good, I guess. I don't even know how I wrote 50,000 in it - because it's like...bad.
Okay, okay, the plot is good enough. But the story itself is just bad.
So I'm shooting for something better this time around.

Wish me luck!

No comments: