Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 4 - A Day Late

Day 4: Your Parents



For those of you who plan to say "Oh my goodness, you look JUST like your mom', go ahead and stop right there. I already know that EVERYONE thinks that, so you might as well not even say it! :P I don't mind hearing it, but it does get old. Just a warning. :)
I may look like my mom, but if you ask her, I have a lot of my dad's tendencies, so I am probably more like him than I am like her. But, you know, I also act a lot like my mom. I think that anyone who truly knows me and my whole family, knows that I am a pretty good mix of both my parents.

My parents and I have always had a really good relationship, even when I was little. I would say that they are truly some of my best friends - and I feel like I can talk to them about anything. I know of so many people who can honestly say that they don't have a good relationship with their parents, and I truthfully, don't know what I would do WITHOUT mine. They are always there for me - and chose to homeschool me because they love me that much. It amazes me. They also decided to adopt my siblings from Vietnam when I was 6 and when I was 12. :D More about my siblings is coming in the next post! :D

I can also - like Katie - say that I have another set of people that I look up to - who I would say are definitely my second parents. We've known them probably close to 5 or so years. :D The picture that I'm going to post is from my birthday almost a year ago, and they now have another baby. But sadly, it's the most recent photo that I have with them!

No comments: